PROFILE | Rachel Hezel Rzayev
Cannon Heyman and Weiss, LLP | Law Practice Concentrating in Affordable Housing and Community Development Law.
726 Exchange Street, Suite 500
Buffalo, New York 14210
Phone: (716) 856-1700 ext. 397
Fax: (716) 856-2311
Areas of Practice:
Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, transactions utilizing the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, New Markets Tax Credit, Historic Tax Credit, and other tax-driven incentives.
- Law School: State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., cum laude (2007)
- Graduate: New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation (2008)
- Undergraduate: Wellesley College, B.A. (2003)
Awards and Recognitions:
- Professor Louis DelCotto Award for Taxation
- Co-Executive Student Editor, ABA Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development
- Head Note and Comment Editor, Buffalo Law Review
- ABA Forum on Affordable Housing & Community Development
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Board of Directors, Homeless Alliance of Western New York
- Treasurer, Buffalo Wellesley Club
What I like to do outside of work:
I like walking through the woods, up mountains and past tall buildings.
Something else I think you should know about me:
I would like to visit all of the national parks in my lifetime.