PROFILE | Steven J. Weiss
Cannon Heyman and Weiss, LLP | Law Practice Concentrating in Affordable Housing and Community Development Law.
726 Exchange Street, Suite 500
Buffalo, New York 14210
Phone: (716) 856-1700 ext. 308
Fax: (716) 856-2311
Areas of Practice:
Affordable Housing and Community Development Law and Corporate Finance Transactions using Tax Exempt Bonds, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, Brownfield Tax Credits and other tax incentives.
- Law School: State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D. (1991)
- Graduate: State University of New York at Buffalo School of Management, MBA (1988)
- Undergraduate: State University of New York at Buffalo School of Management, B.S. (1987)
Awards and Recognitions:
- Leadership Buffalo class of 1997
- Buffalo Business First “40 Under 40”
- Board Member and Board Vice Chair of New York State Housing Finance Agency and Chair of its Governance Committee
- Former Trustee and Board Chair – Preservation Buffalo Niagara
- Board Member and former Chair of Public Policy Committee – Preservation League of New York State
- Trustees Council- Preservation League of New York State
- President and Chairman of the Board- Buffalo Jewish Federation
- Board Member- Jewish Federations of North America
- Board Member- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Former Board Member- Jewish Community Center, Temple Beth Zion Board and Hillel Foundation
- American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- New York State Bar Association’s Real Estate Committee
- University at Buffalo Real Estate Development Mentor Program
- University at Buffalo Real Estate Development Advisory Committee
- University at Buffalo Dean’s Advisory Council
- Several other community organizations
What I like to do outside of work:
Having fun with our kids and playing with our dogs, barbecuing, snorkeling, hiking in the McDowell Mountains and thinking about preserving old buildings.
Something else I think you should know about me:
I believe being happy and feeling good are choices we make. I also believe that there are no accidents or coincidences – everything happens for a reason and people and things just show up on time exactly when they are supposed to.