PROFILE | Steven J. WeissCannon Heyman & Weiss, LLP | Law Practice Concentrating in Affordable Housing and Community Development Law.
726 Exchange Street, Suite 500
Buffalo, New York 14210
Phone: (716) 856-1700 ext. 308
Fax: (716) 856-2311
Areas of Practice:
Affordable Housing and Community Development Law and Corporate Finance Transactions using Tax Exempt Bonds, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, Brownfield Tax Credits and other tax incentives.
- Law School: State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D. (1991)
- Graduate: State University of New York at Buffalo School of Management, MBA (1988)
- Undergraduate: State University of New York at Buffalo School of Management, B.S. (1987)
Awards and Recognitions:
- Leadership Buffalo class of 1997
- Buffalo Business First “40 Under 40”
- Board Member, Community Preservation Corporation
- President and Board Chair, Buffalo Jewish Federation
- Board Member, Jewish Federations of North America
- Board Member, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Member, Trustees Council, Preservation League of New York State
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, New York State Bar Association’s Real Estate Committee
- Member, University at Buffalo Real Estate Development Advisory Committee and Mentor Program
- Member, University at Buffalo Dean’s Advisory Council
- Former Board Member and Vice Chair, New York State Housing Finance Agency
- Former Trustee and Board Chair, Preservation Buffalo Niagara
- Former Board Member and Public Policy Committee Chair, Preservation League of New York State
- Former Board Member, Jewish Community Center, Temple Beth Zion and Hillel Foundation
- Several other community organizations
What I like to do outside of work:
Having fun with our kids and playing with our dogs, barbecuing, snorkeling, hiking in the McDowell Mountains and thinking about preserving old buildings.
Something else I think you should know about me:
I believe being happy and feeling good are choices we make. I also believe that there are no accidents or coincidences – everything happens for a reason and people and things just show up on time exactly when they are supposed to.